Re: How move the mouse pointer using GTK ?

On Thu, 2004-09-09 at 07:33, Marc Santhoff wrote:
Am Do, den 09.09.2004 schrieb Tobias Werth um 11:47:
Hi,

I need "paste" the mouse pointer to a determinate
toolbar button, in this way when I resize the main
window the mouse pointer automatically go over this
toolbar button.

Does anybody know how I do it? Clues or web sites
(besides Googles, of course :) are welcomes.

Did you or anybody else solve this problem? I want to move the mouse pointer
to a definite position and found nothing about mouse movements in gtk API.

You can use the XTest-Extension for this task:

      { move mouse pointer off screen }
      XTestFakeRelativeMotionEvent(screen, -240, -170, 0);
      XFlush(screen);

Link your app with -lXtst then and it should work fine. Header is (on my
system) in:

/usr/X11R6/include/X11/extensions/XTest.h

Why not simply use XWarpPointer ?