Resetting Radio Buttons

I have an application that uses a lot of radio buttons for option selection over a number of notebook pages -
in some cases a selection can be invalid depending on what was selected on the previous page - for this I pop
up a dialog asking for another selection to be made.  How can I stop the invalid radio button from becoming
active when clicked, or how can I reset it? (I actually have a group of 21 radio buttons on one page in which
six do not become active when clicked, yet I cannot find any difference between those and the others - I have
searched the whole code structure for a difference)  It is not desirable to hide any of the radio buttons to
prevent them being clicked (the popups are in fact educational).

Also, what is the easiest way to reset the whole lot (there are 14 groups)?  Is there a simple way to refresh
the main window?

Thanks!

Matti