Re: using winapi in gtk

Hubert Sokolowski writes:
I was wondering if this is possible to use winapi in gtk on
windows, for example a dialog window for selecting files or some
drawing primitivies like lines, points etc.

Sure, but I don't recommend it. It means your application is almost
guaranteed to break at some later GTK revision. It also means that you
are on your own to figure out what happened. If you insist, you can
fetch the HWND for a GDK window, or HBITMAP for a GDK pixmap, using
the gdk_win32_drawable_get_handle() function declared in
gdkwin32.h. And nothing stops you from opening dialog windows (like
non-GTK file selection dialogs, print dialogs, etc) that GTK doesn't
know anything about.

--tml