Re: How to get Widgets absolute X/Y co-ordinates.

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 14:26:02 +0200, Olexiy Avramchenko
<olexiy ctech cn ua> wrote:
Tapan Satpathy Ansuman-A19108 wrote:
I want to know if there is anyway how to get the absolute co-ordinates/geometry of any GtkWidget.

Absolute screen coordinates is much harder. Here's what we have:

Good technique ... also, I've often found that I need screen-relative
coordinates when I'm parsing mouse movements.

In this case it's very simple: mouse events have x_root and y_root
fields which give the mouse position in absolute screen coordinates.
By subtracting the x, y fields, you can get the enclosing window
position.