auto signal emission from GDK window

Hi!
Is there an easy way to make a GDK window emit an "expose_event" when it receive an expose event from X, or, at least, pass the event to its parent?

I created an X window that got an XSelectInput ExposureMask , I then created a gdk window with gdk_window_foreign_new with this X window. Then, I reparented the gdk window with gdk_window_reparent into a container widget.

This was the only way i found to intergrate SDL with GTK

Seing the failure rate at attempting to create a GTK/SDL widgets, making a widget isn't an option.

Any clue?

Julien vary

MSN Search, le moteur de recherche qui pense comme vous ! http://search.msn.fr/worldwide.asp