Re: labels next to buttons in hbox: too high

F. Kater wrote:
Hi,

is there an easy way to move all my labels which are next to buttons
(packed into hboxes) a bit more down? The two baselines (label text and
button text) are not the same.

No easy way, at least not that I'm aware of.  You can write your own
container that would place the labels at the same level as children
of buttons (i.e. button's labels).  A simpler solution is to change
alignments of the labels with gtk_misc_set_alignment(), but that
depends on font, its size, widget style etc. and is generally ad-hoc.

Besides that: Is it possible to change the default button height?

The most obvious solution is to change border width of the buttons:

        gtk_container_set_border_width(GTK_CONTAINER(button),
                                       SOME_EXTRA_PADDING);

Paul