Hiding a Widget & Keeping the Events Running

I have a button_press_event connected to a widget.  When the mouse is
clicked upon this widget I hide the widget.  I would like to be able to
re-show the widget at a later time via the user clicking a second time in
the space that was occupied by the widget but the event handler is no
longer called after the widget hides.

Is it possible to hide a widget yet keep it's events running?  If so,
someone please show me the way.  If not, I'm open to any suggestions of
another way to attack my problem.  Thanks.

--
Marshall Lake -- mlake mlake net -- http://mlake.net