Re: Is there a way to catch dialogs that pop up?

On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 16:27, Adam Monsen wrote:
Something like is probably up to the window manager. However, some
individual programs have a way of disabling their splash screen.

It would be helpful to prevent other programs from becoming the
topmost window anytime they want to; I don't know how to do this, but
it would sure make a sweet little applet.

I'd like to help!

I remember, many years ago, when I used to program for Windows 2.x there
was a way to hook into the main event stream - thus enabling a program
to listen to the activities of other programs. This was possible, I
believe, because in Windows there used to be only 1 system message queue
- I expect it to be different now, but as you say, the window manager is
the one that takes care of opening the actual windows, so to speak. So
we need a way to hook into the window manager; or perhaps just before/
after the call to the window manager. I wonder....

Does anybody know enough about window managers to point me in the
direction of more information? It would be nice if we could get together
to make a project out of this.

/jan