Re: Newbie & timing issue

On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 08:24:15PM +0200, Alf C Stockton wrote:

David, I don't understand what you mean. The code already includes a
g_timeout_add(). Are you suggesting another call to this function?

Yes, I suggested adding another timeout unrelated to the
first one, this time faking button press (using
gtk_button_clicked function) if the user doesn't click on
the button herself in specified time.  You don't have to
simulate the button press and can hide the window directly
instead, it probably doesn't matter here which approach
is used.

The first timeout deals with displaying the window after
specified period of time.

The second one deals with hiding the window when user
doesn't click the button in specified time interval.

Well, I could attach the code -- but `Give a man a fish; you
have fed him for today.  Teach a man to fish; and you will
not have to listen to his incessant whining about how hungry
he is.' ;-)

Yeti

--
Do not use tab characters. Their effect is not predictable.