Re: how can I emit a key-press-event?

On Fri, 2004-07-02 at 20:32, ext Juhana Sadeharju wrote:

Just include it to your message, like I have included the code
below. Short good examples are better if they are in the mail archives
and not as dead urls later.

Well, I think short good examples should be in the documentation, but
that's just me.  But you're right.  I blame lack of caffeine for my
earlier blunder. :)

      /* synthesize Alt+O key press */
      event = gdk_event_new (GDK_KEY_PRESS);
      event->key.window = widget->window;

This line should actually read:

        event->key.window = g_object_ref (widget->window);

Otherwise you'll get interesting error messages later on if you destroy
widgets.  Took some time to figure out for myself. :)

--
Tommi Komulainen <tommi komulainen nokia com>