Retrieving value from GValue

When I use gtk_tree_model_get_value I get a GValue. Looking through the documentation of GValue I can't see any function for actually getting the value (an int in this case) out of the GValue structure, apart from g_value_peek_pointer but this isn't a pointer and that function is marked for internal use anyway. I presume that I have to use a function to get the actual value, as GValue is described as being opaque.

What do I do? Thanks.

Chris Seaton