Re: Unexplainable crashes with GtkTreeModelSort

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 02:46:01 +0000
Tim MÃller <zen18864 zen co uk> wrote:

Check the return value of gtk_tree_model_get_iter(). If it is TRUE,
the path was valid, if it is FALSE, the path doesn't exist.

        That is what I was using but this does not work. The function always
returns TRUE. May be, it has something to do with the fact that I am
using a GtkTreeModelSort...

Or use iters from the start and then gtk_tree_model_iter_next() (with
checking the return value).

        Sure, I would prefer that but there is not function to go to the
previous iter.

gtk_tree_path_next() and _prev() cannot check whether a tree path is
valid, because they are not bound to a specific model.
gtk_tree_path_prev() also doesn't check whether a row really exists
(you can construct an arbitrary new tree path and then do _prev() and
still get an invalid tree path), it just returns FALSE if it's at the
first node at the current depth already.

        That is what I am saying, but may be they should be bound. It would
make sense...

--
Mitko Haralanov
voidtrance at comcast dot net