Re: Cross compiling

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004, Murilo Tuvani wrote:

I don´t remenber when but I´m sure someone here needed something
like this few days ago. It´s a cross compiller
http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/sourceforge/crossgcc/gcc-win-1.0-1cl.i386.htmlIf
someone test it or already use it, tell me if I can compile using
any includes like mysql.h and still work with it under windows.

The "standard" Linux -> win32 cross-compiler is mingw

http://www.mingw.org

which works perfectly, in my experience.  As for mysql, the issue is
not so much the headers as the library to which the headers refer.
That is, can you find (or build) a Windows dll for mysql that
implements the same functionality as is represented by the mysql
headers you're familar with?

--
Allin Cottrell
Department of Economics