Re: Old bug (or not) 77566...

Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
Thing is, I dont know what is the policy exactly on api compatibility,
but I think that if you dont change the major version on pango when
you make this change, you break the API :-(

    I know I know, it sounds like nitpicking but it really did cause
me a headache.

I'm just writing back to say that i've found its not as bad as it
could have been:

  -lpango-1.0 was at least changed from -lpango

  but header files installed in the old versions are installed to
  <prefix>/include/pango-1.0 and not <prefix>/include/pango

All it means is that by default the two api incompatible versions
of pango install in the same directory.

Soooo,
    If one wants to develop gtk+-1.2 packages and gtk+-2.0 packages
in the same sandbox/build environment, the CM has to do the
relocations manualy (I've chosen <prefix>/include/pango-old-1.0)

Cheers,
                         -Tristan