Re: Drawing over other widgets/windows

Andrew "Silver Blade" Greenwood wrote:
Hi everyone, I'm new to GTK so please bear with me if I'm asking something obvious!

I'm in need of a toolkit which will allow me to draw some images over existing widgets. This is in order to re-create a GUI simiar to an existing prorgam called Reason, where you link up audio modules via the use of cables - these cables are drawn over the device modules and some controls.

I've yet to find anything that'll let me do this, and am reluctant to make my own solution.

How easy is it to do this, if it is indeed possible at all?

There's some posts showing that in the archives in the last few weeks.