-----Original Message-----
From: gtk-app-devel-list-bounces gnome org
[mailto:gtk-app-devel-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Olexiy
Avramchenko
Sent: Thursday, December 23, 2004 4:01 PM
To: 'Gaurav Jain'
Cc: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
Subject: Re: How to know if "INSERT" is on/off from key-press-event

Gaurav Jain wrote:
Thanks for that!

Unfortunately that feature is supported in Gtk 2.4 and above, and I'm
still using Gtk 2.0.9.

Is there any other workaround that can be used to the same effect?

GTK+-2.0.9 supports that. Look at "gtktextview.h" header file:
'grep overwrite_mode gtktextview.h'.

        Olexiy