GtkTextView all caps tag

Hi,

I'm developing a script writing application that uses GtkTextView. I need to implement an all caps style, but unfortunately none of the available Pango style tags support displaying the text all caps. I could just convert the text to upper case before inserting it, but then I'd lose the original formatting, so if I want to switch the all caps style off, I'm in trouble. I guess I could keep a copy of the original text somewhere, but it is a pain to keep it in sync with the displayed version. Is there a way to add custom tags to Pango? I looked at the code and I couldn't find any hook to do this. Is there any other place where I could insert my own filter to convert text to upper case before it is displayed?

Thanks,

Paolo

Get Firefox! <http://www.getfirefox.com>