Re: How to use a combo box with a cell renderer

On Thu, 2004-12-23 at 03:52 -0500, Hudson Lee wrote:
Okay in response to Bob saying: "have you tried using a GtkCellRendererText
object instead of the GtkCellRenderer object? The initialization function is:
GtkCellRenderer* gtk_cell_renderer_text_new (void);"

That shouldn't make any difference.  In the past I've used
GtkCellRenderer* for both a text and pixbuf renderer, just reusing the
variable where needed and it is fine.

And yes I have gtk installed (2.4 as I said before) and gtk-demo lacks combo
boxes so I fail to see how it would help :) Of course the fact that I posted
a fully functional program which demonstates my problem with instructions to
compile it should have been a hint to me having gtk installed but I suppose if
you don't read the rest of the email where I say I'm using gtk 2.4 it's
understanable how such subltes can be lost :)

There should be an example in the "examples" directory if I recall.

Being new to gtk I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but the same model with
a TreeView seems to work I just can't get combo boxes working with models.
And I'm on the mailing list now :)

--
Regards,
Martyn