Re: GtkTreeView problem

Themes, eh?  <Bob cracks the manual open>

Thanks!  This is probably where my problem lies.

Best regards,
Bob Caryl

On Tuesday 21 December 2004 18:22, Maciej Katafiasz wrote:
Dnia 21-12-2004, wto o godzinie 16:20 -0600, Bob Caryl napisał:
I am writing an application that uses a GtkTreeView widget to display a
list of database records, along with a GtkEntry edit box into which the
user types a search image.

The callback function for the GtkEntry widget searches the GtkTreeModel
associated with the GtkTreeView widget as each character of the search
image is typed, and if a match is found, selects the row matching the
search image.

My problem is this:  The GtkTreeView widget does NOT display the visible
selection cursor bar on the selected row unless it has focus.  I have
confirmed this by calling gtk_widget_grab_focus() prior to calling
gtk_tree_view_set_cursor() function.  When the focus grab is done prior
to setting the cursor, the visible cursor appears in the GtkTreeView
widget, but then the GtkEntry widget has to be clicked into again for the
continuation of entry of the search image.. a rather unwieldy procedure
at best.

Here's my question:  Is there some setup function that must be called, or
a property that must be set that will enable the GtkTreeView widget to
display the visible selection cursor when it does NOT have focus?

That should happen by default, check if it isn't your theme's fault.
Guaranteed to work correctly are at least Default and Mist themes, and
one I know that has issues with colors is Gonxical. There are many
slightly broken themes out there however, so always check with default
theme and one other well-supported theme when you encouter problems like
that. Saves lots of time and queries in many cases ;). Also, watch out
for theme-induced performance problems, for example pixmap is known to
be slower by factor of 3-10 than Default theme.

HTH,
Maciej