Re: GtkListStore sorting behavior changed in 2.6?

On Tue, 2004-12-21 at 12:37 -0800, Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
Hi all,

We have a settings panel that displays a list of gtk2 themes and icon
themes, sorted alphabetically, with the current theme selected.  Then
the user can pick another theme to use.

This worked fine with gtk 2.4 and previously.  With gtk 2.6, the current
theme is no longer selecteded properly (another item in the list is
selected).

What we do is:

1) Create new GtkListStore, and use its GtkTreeSortable interface to
set a sort function.
2) Populate the list with all the theme names by walking the standard
theme directories.  For each theme we add, we compare it to the current
theme name, and, if it matches, create a GtkTreeRowReference that
points to the newly-inserted row.
3) Use the saved row-ref to select the current theme.

I've tried changing the ordering of things (setting the sortable attributes
before and after populating the list, etc.), but to no avail.  Any ideas?

list store sorting is currently broken in 2.6. I'm working on a fix.

Matthias