help setting cursor

Hello
sorry I found nothing seaching to solve my problem.
I habe a main window and transient window.
Clicking on the transient window data are included in an entry widget
at the main window. This works all fine.
After clicking I want to set my cursor automaticly to the entry widget
an have this widget ready to continue with keyboard input.
My problem the transient widget stays selected after clicked, how can
I active the main window to be the window having the focus.
i tried gtk_windows_set_focus(main_window,entry) but the transient window is the active one.

Thanks for help.
g.rapp
--
R=I+S  Rapp Informatik Systeme GmbH
       Rosenbühlstr. 24

PS:
Senden Sie mir bitte keine Anhänge in Microsoft (.DOC, .PPT) Format
Bitte lesen Sie  http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachmentsi.de.html
Please don't send me any attachment in Microsoft (.DOC, .PPT) format please
Read http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html