Re: Problems with GIOChannels and sockets

On Friday 17 December 2004 00:53, Arne Skjaerholt wrote:

I am starting to do some gtk application development, and I've started on a
network server application. Obviously I'm using the BSD socket interface to
the network, and after a bit of digging I found the GIOChannel interface
for doing IO with gtk.

Also check out the GNet library in case you haven't yet:

 http://www.gnetlibrary.org

especially the GConn and GServer API. Much easier to use, and also takes care
of win32 portability and all kinds of weird corner cases on certain
platforms.

Cheers
 -Tim