Re: Re: loading an image with gtk_image_new_from_pixbuf

Hello,
First I want to thank shakti for his answer;
Second, following his advice , I tried to add:

gtk_box_pack_start (GTK_BOX (vbox), display->myImage,
FALSE, FALSE, 0);
gtk_signal_connect(GTK_OBJECT(b),"clicked",GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC(refresh_cb),vbox);

And in the callback function (refresh_cb):
gtk_box_pack_start (GTK_BOX (data), display->myImage,
                                          FALSE, FALSE, 0);

Now , when I press the button, the image stays as it is.
and after pressing the button I see the followng message:
(test:26791): Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkbox.c: line 373 (gtk_box_pack_start):
assertion `child->parent == NULL' failed

I am now trying to figure out what is wrong. Any help will be appreciated because I
am a newbe to GTK.

regards,
John