how to add a column to a GtkListStore

Hello,

I have an application in which I have a GtkListStore with a variable amount of rows. If I create a new element in my app than I also want to create a new row which shows the new data.

Now I create a new row by creating a new model with gtk_list_store_new(1, G_TYPE_DOUBLE) and than place that model in a gtk_hbox next to its brothers. This looks like a single table with more columns, but in fact it is just a couple of single list_stores packed together.

This approach works, but my question is if it is possible to do this more simple?

I could not find a gtk_tree_store_append_column which would be nice. Is it possible to make adding a column as easy as adding a row? Does anybody have a smart way to accomplish this?

Suggestions are welcome.
Edward.