gdk-gtk without xfree

Hi all.

I need help :)
I'm devoloping a gtk application in an embedded system.
And... Is it possible to use gtk whitout X (and not even framebuffer)?
Is it possible to take a "screenshot" of the window without drawing it?
In xlib world, a window is fundamentally an XImage, isn't it?
So... i should acquire from it the "row data" _before_ (and without)
drawing it on xlib.
I don't need any input event (mouse or keyboard)...
My application is driven from other "events" from mainloop.

is this possible? is there an existing project?

tnx all!

--
Dodiesis <dodiesis sgrunt net>
Sgrunt.net