Re: GtkUIManager

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 05:00:31 -0800 (PST), Harring Figueiredo
<harringf yahoo com> wrote:
  I was hoping to attach "test" as a menu and then do a menu_append on the test
widget to append the plugins' menus.

Ah, OK.  I do what you're trying to do like this:

"<ui>"
"<menu action='ToolsMenu'>"
"      <menuitem action='AboutTools'/>"
"</menu>"

then gtk_ui_manager_get_widget( 'AboutTools') to get the menu item for
the 'about tools' button, then gtk_widget_get_parent() to get the
GtkMenu that the item is inside, then gtk_menu_append() to add my own
menu item to the end.

I think placeholders are for merging UIs: they mark where you'd like
menu sets to join up.

John