Re: GtkFileChooser

--- John Cupitt <jcupitt gmail com> wrote:

Hi,

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 05:50:27 -0800 (PST), Harring Figueiredo
<harringf yahoo com> wrote:
  I want to display a dialog so that the user can pick a directory, and
possibly create new ones.  Files are not allowed to be selected.

You need gtk_file_chooser_set_action() with the action
GTK_FILE_CHOOSER_ACTION_CREATE_FOLDER.

  Yes.. except that it does not allow me to pick a folder name. i.e, if I click
on  "Open", it will not close and return the name of the folder, it actually
naigates the folder contents.. that is not what I want.

  All I want is to let the user select a folder, then I will process that
folder. There seems to be no way to do that.

  The widget is too cumbersome for simple tasks, so I am wandering if it was
designed for that in the first place.

  Thanks for the reply.