Using .SVG as titlebar graphic

I've been toying with inkscape and sodipodi here lately thinking that creating an SVG image would be good for a title graphic. But I don't know if this is a good choice for what I'm attempting to do. Here's a kind of rough idea of what I was thinking:

| File  Edit  Help                                          |
|             T I T L E  I M A G E  H E R E                 |
|                rest of window                             |

I'd like to create the image so that when the user resizes the window the image will always fill the window horizontally.

That make any sense?