Two GtkTooltips questions...

Firstly, does anyone know when GtkTooltips is supposed to start supporting marked up text?  I added a patch
to my own version of the widget that checks for a leading <markup> at the start of the text, and takes it
from there.  But my version is probably a little behind the "official" GtkTooltips widget by now.

Secondly, I've got a tooltip that I need to update on a per-second basis, and is fairly involved to do so.
I'm wondering if anyone knows of a good way to make it update only while the tooltip is visible.

I kludged in a pair of signals which get emitted when a tooltip is shown or hidden (moving to another widget
will generate a hide/show pair).  I have the show signal set to change the tip, and start a 1 second periodic
timer to keep it up to date.  The hide signal then stops it the timer so it doesn't bother updating it.
However the signals are called for EVERY tooltip, but there's only one tip I really need them for.  Plus
setting the tip from within the show tip event causes an infinite loop (not a good thing ;) ).

I was thinking of adding a callback to the tip data structure, but it looks like that gets destroyed and
rebuilt every time the tip is changed.  So that makes adding a field kind of troublesome.

Anyone have any better ideas?

Fredderic

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com