Testing glib applications with mpatrol

Hi,

I am going to use glib as a foundation library for some C application developments.

I have been using mpatrol, as a memory leakage detection tool. However, when I use mpatrol with glib applications, it reports some false memory leaks. Does anyone have any experience of using mpatrol with glib applications?

For example, when g_thread_init() is called, mpatrol reports, many memory leakages. (I use MPATROL_OPTIONS=LOGALL and the mleak tool).

  0x0804F89C (24 bytes) {malloc:226:0} [1024|-|-|-]
  0x400D4D05 g_malloc+33
  0x400AB4EA g_mutex_new_posix_impl+26
  0x400D66AE g_mem_init+46
  0x400AC60D g_thread_init+525
  0x080496F6 ???
  0x42017499 __libc_start_main+149
  0x080495E1 ???

Any way to use mpatrol with glib applications?

Thank you very much.

Tony Cheung