GtkItemFactoryEntry Bug

I've encountered an error with the gtkitemfactoryentry widget when using the tearoff feature. In my application I create the window once with menus. The application has several windows which can launch their counterpart. So to optimize performance I only create the windows once, then use ...show_all, ...hide_all. Everything works fine except when I access a menu with the tearoff feature, then pop it down and close the parent window. The next time I launch the window I get two assertions. To demonstrate the problem, I modifed the gtk_demo that uses the item factory. I modified the source to disable the close from destroying the window. I've attached my modifications.

The errors I get:

(gtk_demo.exe:1808): Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkwindow.c: line 3123 (gtk_window_move): assertion `GTK_IS_WINDOW (window)' failed

(gtk_demo.exe:1808): Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkwindow.c: line 2971 (gtk_window_resize): assertion GTK_IS_WINDOW (window)' failed