Re: Strange Problems w/ gnome_error_dialog

On Fri, 2003-10-31 at 12:05, Eric Mader wrote:
Hello,

I use the following simple method to issue error dialogs in the Gnome
version of a cross-platform application:

void GnomeGUISupport::postErrorMessage(const char *message, const char
*title)
{
   gchar *s;
   GtkWidget *error;

   s = g_strconcat(title, ":\n", message, NULL);
   error = gnome_error_dialog(s);
   gtk_widget_show(error);
   g_free(s);
}

Sometimes when this method is called I see the following error message
on the console:

Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkwidget.c: line 1554 (gtk_widget_show_all):
assertion 'widget != NULL' failed.

I'd run with --g-fatal-warnings and get a backtrace. Nothing above looks
suspicious.

Regards,
                                                Owen

(This looks like GNOME-1.2, so basically off-topic for this list in
point of fact; if you were using GTK+-2.x, GtkMessageDialog provides
a replacement for gnome_error_dialog()...)