Re: TEXT over transparent background

"Ariel Fritz" wrote:

This is my 5th time that I´ll ask about transparency.
I´ve reading some tutorials about it, but I couldn´t get I was looking
for. I wrote an application that create a samll window. I´d like to
put some variable text in it. But I want a transparent background for
that window (or widget background). How can I get it? Using gtk 1.2 or
2+. What kind of widgets should I use to get it?

Lacking a more direct response at the moment I'd like to point you at
open source GTK applications like XChat, which provide such feature as
well and may help you understanding it. The GTK 1.2-version of XChat
provided transparency already.

I'll likely have a look at it as well and if you're going to ask for the
6th time in about two weeks I might be able to explain it to you in more
detail   ;-)