GtkEntry

 Folks,
 I have a GtkEntry (GtkCombo) that a user types in a file name. After the user
is done typing the file name, I would like to see if the file exists or create
it right after he/she is "done", so that I can popup a dialog error in case I
fail to create the file.

 NOTE: The user can also navigate the file system using a button on the side of
the GtkCombo that opens a GTkFileSelection. So, tracking the cursor is probably
not a good idea.

 NOTE2: All I need is a way to tell me when the user is done with that entry.
(I already know how to do the other stuff; i.e. checking for file existence and
opening a dialog).

  Thanks for any suggestion.

Harring.