Re: ~/.gnome2/myapp file?

Am 2003.06.03 23:18 schrieb(en) Filip Van Raemdonck:
On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 11:08:14PM +0200, Martin Klaffenboeck wrote:

> Is there an easy way to access the ~/.gnome2/myapp file?

The gnome-config part of the GNOME API.

> Whats the difference between using gconf2 and using a
~/.gnome2/myapp
> file?

Gconf - or rather, it's backend on a particular system - is not
guaranteed
to be writable. IOW, your app (through user interaction or otherwise)
won't
always be able to save it's settings stored in gconf.

> When do I use what?

Configuration which may get lost -> gconf.
Important configuration -> gnome-config.

Thanks, I'll have a look at gnome-config.

Martin