Re: gtk+ on Mac OS X

Le mardi, 22 juil 2003, à 19:06 Europe/Paris, Michael Koppelman a écrit :

I have been unsuccessful at getting gtk+-2.2.2 compiled on Mac OS X. I got past quite a few errors my adding various cflags and such but the current error has me stumped:

ld: warning suggest use of -bind_at_load, as lazy binding may result in errors or different symbols being used symbol __nl_load_domain used from dynamic library /usr/local/lib/libintl.2.dylib(loadmsgcat.o) not from earlier dynamic library /usr/local/lib/libintl.1.dylib(loadmsgcat.o) symbol __nl_msg_cat_cntr used from dynamic library /usr/local/lib/libintl.2.dylib(loadmsgcat.o) not from earlier dynamic library /usr/local/lib/libintl.1.dylib(loadmsgcat.o)
ld: Undefined symbols:
_getc_unlocked
_libiconv_set_relocation_prefix referenced from libintl expected to be defined in libiconv

This after getting all the prereq software compiled and installed, which is a lot. ;)

Anyone know of a binary install to save me this pain? Any other advice would be appreciated.

I'm sorry I cannot help you as I've never compiled X11 sources on myself. I use Fink, unstable enabled, selfupdate-cvs daily and let it install the sources I want. It works perfectly and when it does not I ask the fink-users mailing lists where the people are very kind and competent, and since two years I must say they always had solved any major problem I had. I have only warnings about duplicate symbols like those ones:

symbol _tt_driver_class used from dynamic library /usr/X11R6/lib/libfreetype.6.dylib(truetype.o) not from earlier dynamic library /sw/lib/libfreetype.6.dylib(truetype.lo)

I admit that I've installed both Apple's beta X11 and XFree86 (full), twicked a bit the installation with some sym links and apply different display to Apple's X11 (0) and XFree86 (1), so that I can run both even together.

Michèle
<http://micmacfr.homeunix.org/>