Using threads ?

Hello list :)

I'm writing a Gtk2 app that have to deal with fork/execl.
Indeed, my app should give an interface over some external binaries.

To sum my problem up, I want to :

- exec a binary in the background from my Gtk2 window
- keep an eye on the binary execution's state (running|finished or X %
complete)
- update some widgets according to the state of the binary execution

As far as I know, the best way here is to use threads but I really don't
know how to poroceed.

Thanks if you can give some help here :)

--

Alexis Sukrieh <alexis sukria net> http://www.sukria.net
Debian/Linux enthusiast geek <http://www.debian.org>