Re: Get lenght (bytes) of pixels in GdkPixbuf

On Mon, 2003-02-10 at 15:25, Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro wrote:
  It depends in how you store the information. Do you mean you store the
pixbuf as raw data in the database?
  The minimum buffer size holding the image would be:
      size = (height - 1)*rowstride + width*n_channels; (possibly, gdk-pixbuf
allocates height*rowstride, but some bytes at the end would be unused
this way.

        Thanks for this, I WILL do this way and see how it behaves :)

  *However*, are you sure it's a good idea to store raw images? Wouldn't
it be better to save the pixbuf (gdk_pixbuf_save) to a file, and then
just store the file name in the database?

        Well, yes on local, but if I want to access remote server, and have no
access to its file system, then I need to get photos from database
itself.

Thanks, once again.

--
"This is it... This is where I belong..."