Re: Basic image manipulation

Quoted by a group of angry mosquitos
For `Goran Raki__ <gox devbase net>'
On Thursday, 25 December 2003 (23:18):

 I have a program where user needs to select an image (in JPEG or GIF format)
 and I need to store it in database. I can read it from selected file, and
 show it as GtkImage with GdkPixbuf in application, but...

 I need to verify if image type is JPEG or GIF and than to resize it to 200px
 width. Can Gtk&Gdk do that, or I need to use something other like GD library?

        GdkPixbuf allows you to resize an image and also save it to a file. You can
then store the resulting data in your database. Please look at the API reference
for more details.

--

 Leandro Pereira              (oO)           <leandro linuxmag com br>
                              /||\                  www.mindcrisis.tk