Re: making GtkTreeView look like GtkTree? and Setting colums diff. colors based on level?

On Tue, 2003-12-23 at 22:48, John Ellis wrote:
shark centibyte org wrote:

I like how GtkTree looks, with the lines connecting parent nodes/rows to
child nodes/rows, and the slight indentation.  GtkTreeView has the
indendation but not the lines.  Does anyone know how to make GtkTreeView
look like GtkTree in that respect?

For GTK 2, aesthetic things like the lines in a tree view can no longer be set
by the application, it is up to the theme to draw such lines.

Is there a way to give hints to the theme engine?  I'm looking at
porting the check register in Gnucash to use a GtkTreeView.  The current
register gives the user a visual separation between past and future
transactions by drawing a horizontal colored line in the register.  Is
there an easy way to do this with a GtkTreeView?  I will admit to not
yet having spent any time looking at theme support.  I'd appreciate any
pointers.  Thanks.

David