[Basic Glib Questions/Help] Unable to create GSource

Hello,
        I am developing a simple console based project using Glib (partly so I
can learn Glib) but I have lots of questions due to the less than
documented nature of Glib. Basically at this point all I want to do is
tie console input to the event loop -- but I have little idea how to go
about it.

The attached simple code fails with the following output from GDB:

This GDB was configured as "i386-redhat-linux-gnu".
(gdb) make
gcc     `pkg-config --cflags glib-2.0` -g -c main.c
gcc     `pkg-config --libs glib-2.0` main.o -o clash-test
(gdb) file clash-test
Reading symbols from clash-test...done.
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/tls/libthread_db.so.1".
(gdb) run
Starting program: /home/ryanm/Code/clash-test/clash-test
24

(process:3104): GLib-CRITICAL **: file gmain.c: line 785 (g_source_new):
assertion `struct_size >= sizeof (GSource)' failed
Could not create GSource.

Program exited normally.

Any help is appreciated!

Cheers,