problems with window_set_icon()

I'm trying to change the icon that appears in the top bar (window
decoration) of my Gtk app on a Win98 machine.  I've tried changing both
the default icons and the icon for the wondow, but I always get the GTK
cube.

This code snippet from gdk/win32/gdkwindow-win32.c explains a lot: ;-)

void
gdk_window_set_icon (GdkWindow *window,
                     GdkWindow *icon_window,
                     GdkPixmap *pixmap,
                     GdkBitmap *mask)
{
  g_return_if_fail (window != NULL);
  g_return_if_fail (GDK_IS_WINDOW (window));

  if (GDK_WINDOW_DESTROYED (window))
    return;

  /* Nothing to do, really. As we share window classes between windows
   * we can't have window-specific icons, sorry. Don't print any warning
   * either.
   */
}

There are ways to fix this, though. The most obvious perhaps would be
that GDK would not share window classes between top-level windows. Or
maybe GDK should handle the WM_GEICON message in the Windows message
loop.

I don't remember if there is a bugzilla item open for this. If not,
there should be one.

--tml