Re: Problem with Pango On IBM AIX 4.3.3

On Wed, 2003-04-16 at 10:21, B. Souliotis wrote:
I've tried to compile the glib-2.2.1 pango-1.2.1 atk-1.2.0 and
gtk+-2.2.1 on IBM
with AIX 4.3.3 using xlc compiler and not gcc
The compilation was made succesfull after some minor changes in Makefiles.

When compiling the above packages with configure --enable-static=yes and
--enable-shared=no
all the demos programs from gtk+-2.2.1 work as well.

But when I compile all the above with configure --enable-shared=yes
which is the default
the compilation was succesful.
But when running examples from demos of gtk+-2.2.1 all the examples that
uses pango fonts
crashed with segmentation fault (core dumbed).

When debugging all the examples crashes at
function   pango_x_get_context  at
 file pangox.c at line 311
when calling  info = g_new(PangoXContextInfo,1);

After some trials to find the problem I'realized that all glib functions
that called from
pango has problem.Because

Can you do:

 $ cd pango/pango
 $ rm libpangox.la
 $ make

And provide the commands that get executed to rebuild libpangox?
It sounds like libpangox is mislinked in some fashion.

Regards,
                                              Owen