Re: Help with Tree widget (No April Fool's joke.)

Thanks, yes I'm using gtk2. The gtk-demo code certainly contains enough to get me started. The editable_cells example also contains some useful example code. I only realised after I'd downloaded and compiled the source that the gtk-demo program was already there before!

Neil

From: mige <mige_harimurti yahoo com>
To: Neil Smith <patterdale hotmail com>
CC: harringf yahoo com,  gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
Subject: Re: Help with Tree widget (No April Fool's joke.)
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 14:21:31 +0700

I notice that Mr Harring said about the gtk-demo not the tutorial.
What gtk version do you use ? If you use (install) 2.x version, you can run gtk-demo on the shell's prompt. It has two running samples with the source-code how to use GtkTreeView/GtkTreeStore/GtkListStore.

mige

Neil Smith wrote:

Thanks for the pointer. I had looked at the Tree example in the tutorial but that uses the deprecated gtk_tree_new. The Tree_view/Tree_store demo and the editable_cells demo contain just what I need to get started.

This really wasn't an April Fool's joke!

Neil