Re: reducing file size with image saving (gdk_pixbuf)

On Tue, 24 Sep 2002 18:32:36 +0200 "Roland Smith" <rsmith xs4all nl>
wrote:

Use g_spawn_[a]sync to do the conversion with the convert(1) program
from the ImageMagick suite. You can then use the -quality flag to set
the compression level, and the -scale flag to scale the image.

This does add a dependancy to your program, but ImageMagick is very
common.

on Linux systems yes, but I like the program to work on as many posix
compliant operating systems as possible.. Perhaps I can make that an
optional setting.

thanks,
        Olivier