Undocumented function?

I was trying to use GTKRuler in my application, but I coulnd't find a way
to get it to redraw the marker in the corrent position  when I needed it
to.   After some searching through the header files, I found the following
two functions, which aren't in the online API documentation:

void    gtk_ruler_draw_ticks (GtkRuler      *ruler);
void    gtk_ruler_draw_pos   (GtkRuler      *ruler);

Does anyone know why these functions are undocumented?  They turned out to
be very useful, in fact neccesary, for me, and I think it may be useful to
others if they were in the documentation.

I hope somebody who is in a position to do something about this takes
notice, and either takes care of it or lets me know why these shouldn't be
documented (and perhaps why I shouldn't use it?)

Thanks,
-Ron