Re: TreeViewSelections

"Erik Simonsen" <erik pinksheets com> writes:

I'm designing the interface to a set-top device, with a GTK+2 program as the
on-screen (tv screen) interface.  The default selection method (changing the
background color) works, but it doesn't look very polished.  I'd very much
appreciate any suggestions you have, and since this will be a dedicated box
it's perfectly acceptable for me to edit the GTK source if I need to.  I
guess I'd prefer not to have to, jsut to I'm upgrade-compatible,, but I
don't even know where to look right now.  Is this all handled by the cell
renderer?  Perhaps I can make my own renderer that can dump a bitmap in the
cell before the text and pixbuf renderers do their thing?

It's handled in the TreeView.  There's really no nice way to handle it
from there, though.

If it's a controlled environment, I can think of a kind of ugly
approach.  First, change the theme's selection color to be the same as
the bg color.  This will make it look like nothing is selected.  Then,
write custom cellrenderers that handle selection themselves.  You are
passed in the selected state in the flags argument.  You can then draw
the selection image of your choice.

Good Luck,
-Jonathan