RE: Question about layout

On Mon, 2002-09-09 at 20:15, Thomas Cameron wrote:
      Now, for the next question.  Is there a way to "hide" the scroll
bar(s) of a layout, and connect signals to two buttons to do the
vertical scrolling?  In other words, the up and down buttons aren't
large enough for my application, and I would like to use custom buttons.
How can I do this?  I will probably pack these before and after the
Viewport (if possible), so that they don't get scrolled themselves.

gtk_scrolled_window_set_policy ()
$DOC/gtk/gtkscrolledwindow.html#GTK-SCROLLED-WINDOW-SET-POLICY

----------------------8<---------------------------
gtk_scrolled_window_set_policy ()

void        gtk_scrolled_window_set_policy  (GtkScrolledWindow
*scrolled_window,
                                             GtkPolicyType
hscrollbar_policy,
                                             GtkPolicyType
vscrollbar_policy);

Sets the scrollbar policy for the horizontal and vertical scrollbars.
The policy determines when the scrollbar should appear; it is a value
from the GtkPolicyType enumeration. If GTK_POLICY_ALWAYS, the scrollbar
is always present; if GTK_POLICY_NEVER, the scrollbar is never present;
if GTK_POLICY_AUTOMATIC, the scrollbar is present only if needed (that
is, if the slider part of the bar would be smaller than the trough - the
display is larger than the page size).

cu
--
 e-trolley Sayegh & John, Nabil Sayegh