Re: Question about layout

Thomas Cameron wrote:

Hello all,

This question is less about the innards of GTK+ 2.0.x, and more about which widget I should use. I have been giving this a little thought, and have come up with no clear answer. I want to create a container, which has the ability to scroll up and down. Within this control, there should be rows of buttons, running from left to right. There is no pre-determined number of buttons, so there could be from one to infinity.

What I would like to do is figure out what widget would be the best for this particular design. Obviously, the width of each button should not necessarily be limited (yet), so there could be one row with 2 buttons, and another with 4 or 5. What would be the easiest method to building this interface? If anybody needs more clarity regarding my problem, I could draw up a little graphic and mail it directly to them

Hello, Tom
Cant you use GtkHBoxes packed into one GtkVBox ?

Regards,
   Olexiy