One more question about images and text in treeview

Like the other recent posting, I'm trying to create something akin to a file
browser view with a treelist.  I got the image and text columns looking
right, but
there remain two things I can't get to behave.  First, when I expand a
parent tree, the image column gets indented, but the text of the children
stays vertically aligned with the text of its parent.  How can I get that
text to indent with the image?  Next, when I browse through the list with
the keyboard, GTK draws a focus box around the image on the current row.  I
want emphasis on the selection of a filename, not on its icon.  How can I
prevent the entire column of images from receiving focus?

Thanks everyone,

eds